Taking Care of Family
At Explorer, we look out for our family with a comprehensive benefits program that helps employees stay healthy, feel secure and maintain work-life harmony. Here’s a high-level look at what we offer.
Our insurance benefits are geared toward keeping employees healthy now and well into the future. We also provide employees and their families peace of mind with financial protection through life and disability insurance. Here’s an overview of our insurance programs:
- Medical: Choose from benefits available through UMR and UnitedHealthcare’s Choice Plus PPO Network. Explorer pays for approximately 80 percent of the plans’ total costs.
- Pharmacy: Generic blood pressure, oral diabetic, cholesterol medications, and OTC allergy medications are all covered at 100% for employees
- Dental: Two free cleanings are offered per year. Annual deductible and $1,000 or $2,000 annual calendar year maximum per covered individual. Explorer pays for 50 percent of the plans’ total costs.
- Life: Coverage at 1.5 times annual salary. Voluntary supplemental term-life and dependent life plans also available.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D): Coverage at 1.5 times annual salary. Voluntary supplemental AD&D plans also available.
- Business AD&D: Coverage up to $500,000 for business-related incidents.
- Vision: Voluntary plan covers eye examinations and glasses or contact lenses.
- Disability programs
- Health and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary accident and critical illness insurance
- PrivacyArmor: Voluntary benefit that offers comprehensive identity monitoring, fraud remediation and restoration, identity theft reimbursements and many other services
Financial security is important to all of us. At Explorer, we offer the following financial benefits for our employees:
- 401(k): Explorer matches employee contribution 100 percent up to 6 percent of their annual pay. Pre-tax, after-tax and Roth 401(k) options are available for deferrals.
- Employer Non-elective Contribution: Explorer contributes a percentage of pretax contributions to employees based on their age and years of service. There is a three-year vesting schedule on this contribution.
- Incentive Compensation Plan
To help employees maintain their health and work-life harmony, we offer the following leave benefits:
- Ten paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Volunteer Time
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- One week after six months of company service
- One additional week after one year of company service
- Two weeks beginning with the calendar year in which the employee’s second company service anniversary falls
- Three weeks beginning with the calendar year in which the employee’s 5th company service anniversary falls
- Four weeks beginning with the calendar year in which the employee’s 10th company service anniversary falls
- Five weeks beginning with the calendar year in which the employee’s 20th company service anniversary falls
- Six weeks beginning with the calendar year in which the employee’s 30th company service anniversary falls
In addition to all of the above, we offer additional perks to both full- and part-time employees to round out our benefits program. These include:
- Casual dress code
- Employee Assistance Program
- Semi-monthly pay through direct deposit
- Credit union
- Auto/home insurance discounts
- 529 college savings plan
- Safety & Seniority awards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Educational Institution Matching Contributions
- Matching Charitable Contributions
- Safety Program
- Wellness program (health club reimbursement, tobacco cessation, wellness activity reimbursement and more)
- Pet Insurance
Transparency In Coverage
Due to the Transparency in Coverage Rule and as a self-insured employer, we are required to post the machine-readable files to our public website.
To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com
UnitedHealthcare, UMR and HealthSCOPE Benefits creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Explorer Pipeline.
Use Notepad or WordPad to view the file.
- Multiple files may appear. Select the ones with your company name and the information and area of interests (network rates, allowed amounts, etc.).
- Files will be updated monthly in accordance with the requirements.