Taking Care of Family
At Explorer, we look out for our family with a comprehensive benefits program that helps employees stay healthy, feel secure and maintain work-life balance. Here’s a high-level look at what we offer.
Our insurance benefits are geared toward keeping employees healthy now and well into the future. We also provide employees and their families peace of mind with financial protection through life and disability insurance. Here’s an overview of our insurance programs:
- Health: Choose from benefits available through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma. Explorer pays for approximately 75 percent of the plans’ total costs.
- Dental: Two free cleanings are offered per year. Annual deductible and $1,000 or $2,000 annual calendar year maximum per covered individual. Explorer pays for 50 percent of the plans’ total costs.
- Life: Coverage at 1.5 times annual salary. Supplemental term-life plans also available.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D): Coverage at 1.5 times annual salary. Supplemental AD&D plans also available.
- Business AD&D: Coverage up to $500,000 for business-related incidents.
- Vision: Voluntary plan covers eye examinations and glasses or contact lenses.
- Disability programs
Financial security is important to all of us. At Explorer, we offer the following financial benefits for our employees:
- 401(k): Explorer matches employee contribution 100 percent for up to 6 percent of their annual pay. Pre-tax, after-tax and Roth 401(k) options are available for deferrals.
- Employer Non-elective Contribution: Explorer contributes a percentage of pretax contributions to employees based on their age and years of service. There is a three-year vesting schedule on this contribution.
- Incentive Compensation Plan
To help employees maintain their health and work-life harmony, we offer the following leave benefits:
- Ten paid holidays
- Sick leave
- One week after six months of company service
- One additional week after one year of company service
- Two weeks beginning with the calendar year in which the employee’s second company service anniversary falls
- Three weeks beginning with the calendar year in which the employee’s 5th company service anniversary falls
- Four weeks beginning with the calendar year in which the employee’s 10th company service anniversary falls
- Five weeks beginning with the calendar year in which the employee’s 20th company service anniversary falls
- Six weeks beginning with the calendar year in which the employee’s 30th company service anniversary falls
In addition to all of the above, we offer additional perks to both full- and part-time employees to round out our benefits program. These include:
- Casual dress code
- Health and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary accident and critical illness insurance
- Semi-monthly pay through direct deposit
- Credit union
- Auto/home insurance discounts
- 529 college savings plan
- Seniority awards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Safety and wellness program